Thursday, July 5, 2007

Welcome

A lot of friends and colleagues blog, and I'm very impressed with their results. I doubt what I write here will be on the level of what I've seen elsewhere, but in the last couple of days it seemed to me that the blogosphere might be a good place to post some notes and random musings about things that interest me, mostly music and film. These sorts of posts don't fit very well in the other publications that I write for; for example, I've been reviewing for the American Record Guide since 1993--mostly harpsichord music and occasional newer stuff--but recently decided to scale back that work, at least for the immediate future; but even when I was writing a lot for ARG, I wasn't able to write on several composers that I'm very interested in (for instance, John Adams). And while I love films, I've published very little about film.

Don't expect lots of entries for this blog, especially during the summer of 2007--I have to make sure this exercise doesn't keep me from doing some of the other writing that I really need to be doing!

No comments: